Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update on Mama Web

May 21, 2008
Stephanie and I just got back from MD Anderson last night and as usual we were running from the time we got home, Chase had baseball practice and Clare had a playoff softball game. Typical Weber house as many of you know run, run, run!! We had our meeting with Dr. Yung, Steph's latest MRI shows the tumor to be getting bigger. Dr. Yung recommednded changing to anothor chemotherapy regimen to include three oral medications as well as increasing the steriod. The steriod helps with swelling in the brain around the tumor site. Although this was discouraging and scary news, one positive thing is that Steph will no longer have to be on the Avastin (IV treatment). As it is his job to share the "straight medical stuff" with us, he was not optimistic that the new chemo regimen will result in shrinking of the tumor-but hopefully it may stop or slow some of the growth. Steph will start the new chemo regimen next week. Her next visit to MD Anderson will be in early July.
I wanted to say thank you to so many folks that are thinking, calling and praying for Stephanie. I promise you that she is feeling those prayers and even listening to messages but she is not able to respond to everyone right now, please understand and continue to pray.
David
P.S. This message is from our close friend Mary Nell Suell, (sorry Mary Nell for losing the Dr. title "Bevill will get on me later about that").
One thing I have learned through this journey with Steph is that the best gift I can give her is the gift of freedom in my friendship with her-the freedom to receive (a phone call, card in the mail, email...) with a clear message that no reply is needed. Steph loves people so deeply-and it burdens her to feel like she can't keep up with calling people back, replies to emails, and individually loving on the many, many dear friends who are reaching out to her. She is very limited on physical energy and has limited mobility and needs to spend her energy doing her part to work towards healing her body and spending quality time with her family. Here is what I am proposing: When you send a email or text, please do no expect a reply or start with No reply needed, lets do the same with a voicemail, don't worry about a call back. (If there is a need of anything urgent please call David (214-912-2165), he is very good at screening calls thou (just joking, its David typing).
Finally, this scripture keeps coming to my mind: Matt 6:33-34
Seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I told Steph today that I would continue to ask God for his complete healing for her. I believe though my faith in Christ that he will heal her completely and restore her, but I confessed that I wanted it on my terms, Steph responded "only on his terms" Steph, thank you for letting your light shine so bright. Love Mary Nell!

No comments: