Thursday, November 30, 2006
Until then...they are excited about the presents!
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
I've decided to start collecting information from friends who have dealt with significant loss or difficult situation. What would have helped them? What could people have said? What should you NOT say? What should you NOT do?
So, maybe I'll know how to be a better friend. Maybe I'll know how to truly "Love Thy Neighbor". Isn't that what we are called to do?
Monday, November 13, 2006
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Freshman Year (me, Kami, Robin, & Eileen)
Ok...last night got me reminiscing about college (especially my roommates) so I thought I would post these pictures....
Eileen: I met Eileen the first day of school. I went into her room to introduce myself because she was next door to me on the 5th floor in Collins. She thought I was crazy. We went to eat at the Student Union Building. On the way there, I greeted everyone we passed. She asked if I knew them and I told her no. She really thought I was crazy!! We became great friends. She didn't forget I was crazy but embraced it. Eileen went on to be my roommate my sophomore year and then for 2 years after college. She taught me how to be responsible and how to be a good friend. She now lives in The Woodlands with her husband, Jay, and their two precious baby girls, Mary & Kate.
Kami: I met Kami through Eileen. Kami was the reason Eileen was at Baylor (they had met in High School while Kami lived in Marin County, California...long but cool story). Kami was so much fun and was as boy crazy as I was (which I didn't think was possible)! We were great friends and also lived together my sophomore year. She was an "unofficial tri delta" and I still think some DDD's thought she actually was a member. Kami taught me so much. She taught me to endure through all things, to be strong, and to have fun!!! She now lives in Fort Worth with her husband, Jim, and their two beautiful children, Jackson and Katie.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Jake with Olivia...Is she not the cutest???
Me, Kami, & Eileen
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Just wanted you to know..."there is life after 40", and Jeffrey knows that now. Here is a picture of our family "camp out" (well, more of a 1 1/2 hour hike + smore cooking + 6 hour drive + junk eating + Jake puking excursion). More pictures to follow!
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
- I met Steve Ferrar there. He is a writer who wrote some amazing books and really made an impact on how my husband treats me and my kids. I was able to thank Steve for letting God use him.
- I've held bible studies there. There were some amazing "real" times where we struggled with whether or not we believe God is who He says He is.
- I've had countless lunches there with friends where God has blessed the conversations. You know those good conversations where you laugh and cry together? I love those!!!
- I've watched other women study the bible there and encourage one another there from afar.
- I've had some of the sweetest prayer times with God there.
- I've learned so much about God during my studying there.
- I've had a date with Will there. What a precious time!
- I met an amazing godly woman named Helen Hosier there. She was the sweet lady I met yesterday who saw me studying my bible and asked if she could sit down beside me. Of course, I welcomed her and enjoyed talking to her. She has written over 60 books and blessed me with our conversation.
So, God meets me at La Madeline. I really feel like it is an annointed place (not to mention the food and iced tea bless my tummy!). It is my place where I can be alone with him and He can meet my needs. I long to be there more than anywhere else on this earth because He is there. I don't say that to be preachy or holier than thou. I NEED Him and He is there. I really don't think it is really La Madeline but it is my quiet place amongst all the chaos where I can rest in Him. Where is your La Madeline?