Sunday, September 10, 2006

Another Crazy Weekend!



(I apologize for the long blog...feel free to just look at pictures)
Friday Night- The boys and I went to the Family Worship Night at our church. We arrived early so I could help with registration. I sent the boys out to play on the playground. As I rounded the corner to get them, I could hear Jake crying and Will consoling him (I immediately thought...Will's trying to make Jake laugh so we won't tattle tale on him!). I found Jake crying with blood gushing from his mouth (then I thought, here we go to our first emergency room visit). I calmly walked over to him and looked in his mouth. He had bitten his tongue very badly that was where all the blood was coming from. No broken teeth, no head injuries...just a few scratches and lots of blood. Through his tears, he explained to me he fell off the "outside" of the slide (which he wasn't supposed to be climbing on). He threw up and then I took his shirt off (sorry to be so graphic...life with boys!). I cleaned him up and his tongue stopped bleeding. We left the church and took care of his tongue. He was fine when we got home. Will kept saying, "I'm so sorry, Jake, that happened to you." I told Will how thankful I was that he was showing compassion to his brother. He told me, "I love my brother, mom. I just feel so bad for him." It made me tear up. They're getting it!!!
Saturday-
Double Header! Will had his first game at 10:30am vs. the Pirhanas. He did fantastic! 3 goals! He really is understanding the game and also gaining skill (but did wiggle his loose tooth during the whole game). However, he complains and I think this will be his last season. Chaney, Amy, Bob, & Jo were there to cheer him on.
Jake had his first game at 4pm. Amy's whole family was there to cheer for him and so was Bob & Jo. He did great!!! 2 goals! Have you ever seen 4 year olds play soccer? It is hilarious!! I really wish we had brought our video camera.
After the game, we all went to eat dinner and then went to Graham's game. Graham scored a touchdown while we were there but it was revoked b/c of holding. We left after half time...then he scored again...we missed it!!! We were so tired last night! We only have 2 more months of soccer to go!
Sunday-
Jeffrey and I just returned from watching the Cowboys game at a co-worker's house, Shah. They are from Iran and are so nice. We had pistachios from Iran, tea from Iran, bakery goodies from Iran, and then dinner from Iran. It was my first "Persian" experience. I feel very cultured! Did you know Iran has 4 seasons? Did you know Persian rugs are made from hand and take 9 months to create? Did you know Persians put a cube of sugar in their mouths while drinking hot tea? Did you know people from Iran speak Farcie (spelling?)? Did you know you call things from Iran "Persian"?....Now YOU have some culture!
Now, I'm sure I have bored you to tears...sorry! There was just a lot to cover!

1 comment:

Melissa Hudgens said...

You are the best!! I feel extremely cultured just as if I visited Iran myself. Steph, just be glad you didn't have 3 boys. Imagine all the games and running around from here to there each weekend. Since Decorah's park and rec system doesn't offer too much at a time, it makes us a little less hectic. Right now Bryson is in after school playground sports on Tuesdays. That is all that is offered for his age. Decorah doesn't have private leagues until boys are in 5th grade and then there is tackle football. They actually have to travel to different towns to play against other boys. CRAZY. I will be at the store most of the day. Call me, it should be slow.