Sunday, November 12, 2006

Old Memories....

Sophomore Year



















Freshman Year (me, Kami, Robin, & Eileen)



Ok...last night got me reminiscing about college (especially my roommates) so I thought I would post these pictures....

Eileen: I met Eileen the first day of school. I went into her room to introduce myself because she was next door to me on the 5th floor in Collins. She thought I was crazy. We went to eat at the Student Union Building. On the way there, I greeted everyone we passed. She asked if I knew them and I told her no. She really thought I was crazy!! We became great friends. She didn't forget I was crazy but embraced it. Eileen went on to be my roommate my sophomore year and then for 2 years after college. She taught me how to be responsible and how to be a good friend. She now lives in The Woodlands with her husband, Jay, and their two precious baby girls, Mary & Kate.

Kami: I met Kami through Eileen. Kami was the reason Eileen was at Baylor (they had met in High School while Kami lived in Marin County, California...long but cool story). Kami was so much fun and was as boy crazy as I was (which I didn't think was possible)! We were great friends and also lived together my sophomore year. She was an "unofficial tri delta" and I still think some DDD's thought she actually was a member. Kami taught me so much. She taught me to endure through all things, to be strong, and to have fun!!! She now lives in Fort Worth with her husband, Jim, and their two beautiful children, Jackson and Katie.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love old memories. I've had a flood of them recently and it feels crazy good. After living in strange places (Nashville and Boston) for the last 10 years to all of a sudden come back to a place with history (Texas) feels really, really good. I have only recently come to realize how much I truly cherish old, old friends.

Kristen said...

Plus I have to note that freshman year you had the longest hair ever.