Saturday, November 10, 2007

Apostle Paul

I have a confession to make...
10 years ago I did a bible study called Bible Study Fellowship. We studied Romans and I didn't like it. I like the bible study and the people it in but I didn't like Paul (the writer of the book). I found him to be arrogant and brash. I know...I shouldn't admit that but it is true.
Craziest thing...
I'm studying Romans again. This time, it is an abbreviated version of what Community Bible Study is doing. Basically BSF and CBS are the exact thing.
Can I tell you how much I'm enjoying it? Not once have I thought that Paul is arrogant or brash. I have been humbled and have learned so much! I guess that is what was meant when it is written "God's word will not return void." God is teaching me so much and changing my insides. Not only has he changed the way I view Paul, He has also changed the way I view myself. Whew! I need some work...I'm finding out I'm quite brash and arrogant myself...but not in Paul's loving, Christlike way!

No comments: