Sunday, November 25, 2007

November In A Nutshell...

Ok...it has been over 2 weeks since my last post. I think I'm still recuperating from Fall Festival!
Soccer is over and now we have our Saturdays back. Almost 2 weeks ago Alexy from Penza, Russia was in town and we were able to go to dinner with him. He and his wife stayed with us a few years back and it is always a treat to see him! They are returning at the end of December and may stay with us again. They work with orphans by helping them assimilate to "real life" when they get out on their own (i.e. how to cook, relationships, taking care of children, etc.).
Jake had his Turkey Feast and he looked so cute! The turkey was in the stuffing and he seemed a little confused in the lunch line. He tried it, though.
We headed to Houston last Sunday. We got to see Papa teach in The Woodlands and then have lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (Will's favorite) with the Aulds and my college roommate, Eileen. The Woodlands is so stinkin' cool! We rode on the water taxi and walked around.
On Monday, we got to have lunch with two of my high school friends and their kids. So fun!
On Tuesday, we went ICE SKATING! It was great! After skating, we headed to Round Top, Texas (population 77) where we have spent Thanksgiving for most of the past 20 years.
Wednesday's weather was beautiful and the boys enjoyed playing soccer, football, and riding their bikes.
Thanksgiving was a bit chilly so we didn't get out very much to play. We did, however, go in town (to Brenham) to see Enchanted (which I loved...because I'm cheesy and that is OK!).
Friday, the boys went with Jeffrey to March In at Texas A & M (and I stayed back to shop with my mom in Brenham).
We came home yesterday. The boys were so sad. Will cried and wrote a sweet note to my parents and the owners of the Retreat Center...all on his own! We didn't even tell him too! Amazing!
So...that, my friend, is what we've been doing...in a nutshell!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How much fun! I hope we can go to Round Top again with y'all some time.