Monday, November 26, 2007

Deceptively Delicious

My parents sent me a new cookbook called "Deceptively Delicious" to help me with mealtimes around our house. I don't know about your house, but my house doesn't like veggies (including my husband)!! Fruit is great but anything GREEN...YIKES!!!
Jessica Seinfield came out with this smart book which has you puree veggies and fruits into kid friendly meals. Genius!
So, I spent an hour or so baking and pureeing yesterday. I made two different muffins (Applesauce and Peanut butter with Banana) and neither one was a big hit! Ugh! The didn't like the "seeds" on the Applesauce Muffins (which were oats). The peanut butter ones looked "icky". Oh, Lord...please help me!
This morning, I tried again with scrambled eggs with cauliflower. Not good. They even smelled bad to me! I tried them and would concur...yuck!
BUT, I'm not giving up! There are several more recipes I want to try. Tonight will be another test! I'm headed to the grocery store. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Clarks said...

That book has changed my life! Neither one of my "boys" will eat their veggies. I have not tried the recipes that you did, but the scrambled eggs looked gross to me from the picture. Try the grilled cheese sandwich. It is easy & actually good! The pancakes were good too. I am planning to try the banana bread this weekend & the meatball soup this week. *fingers crossed* that they turn out edible!