Monday, April 16, 2007

His Integrity & His Reputation & His Priorities

(from Stormie O'Martian's Power of a Praying Wife)
Day 14
His Integrity
"Lord, I pray that you will make my husband a man of integrity, according to Your standards.
Give him strength to say "Yes" when he should say "Yes" and he courage to say "No" when he should say "No". Enable him to stand for what he knows is right and not waver under pressure from eh world.
Don't let him be a man who is 'always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth' (2 Timothy 3:7).
Give him, instead, a teachable spirit that is willing to listen to the voice of wisdom and grow in Your ways.
The integrity of the upright will guide them, but the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them. Proverbs 11:3"

Day 15
"Lord, I pray that (husband's name) will have a reputation that is untarnished. I know a man is often valued 'by what others say of him' (Proverbs 27:21), so I pray that he will be respected in our town adn people will speak highly of him.
You've said in Your Word that 'a curse without cause shall not alight' (Proverbs 26:2)
I pray that there would never be any reason for bad things to be said of him. Keep him out of legal entanglements. Protect us from lawsuits and criminal proceedings. Deliver him from his enemies, O God. Defend him from those who rise up to do him harm (Psalm 59:1).
In You, O Lord, we put our trust. Let us never be put to shame (Psalm 71:1)
Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked, from the rebellion of the workers of iniquity, who sharpen their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows--bitter words. Psalm 64:2-3"

Day 16
His Priorities
"Lord, I pray for my husband's priorities to be in perfect order. Be Lord and Ruler over his heart. Help him to choose a simplicity of life that will allow him to have time alone with You, Lord, a place to be quiet in Your presence every day. Speak to him about making Your Word, prayer, and praise a priority. Enable him to place me and our children in greater prominence in his heart than career, friends, and activities.
I pray he will seek You first and submit his all to You, for when he does I know the other pieces of his life will fit together perfectly.
Help me to properly put m husband before children, work, family, friends, activities,and interests (ouch...this one is a tough one...emphasis mine). Show me what I can do right now to demonstrate to him that he has this position in my heart.
Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33"

No comments: