Monday, April 09, 2007

His Purpose

Day 9 of Praying for your Husband Month

...What a funny topic today as I struggle myself (as the devil LOVES to do to stay-at-home moms on a regular basis) with my purpose. Being a MAID, laundry girl, chauffer, cook, these days doesn't quite do it for me so I am weary (mostly from the MAID part...white carpet with boys and a dog..help!...new carpet should be here this week, prayerfully!). I know I am called to a Higher purpose but sometimes the mundane (yes, I AM a brat) gets in the way, you know? So, let's get praying and not let Satan win today...

(from Stormie O'Martian's Power of a Praying Wife)

"Lord, I pray that (husband's name) will clearly hear the call You have on his life. Help him to realize who he is in Christ and give him certainty he was created for high purpose. Enable him to walk worthy of his calling and remind him of what You've called him to be. Don't let him get sidetracked with things that are unessential to Your purpose.
Strike down discouragement so that it will not defeat him. Lift his eyes above the circumstances of the moment so he can see the purpose for which You created him. Give him patience to wait for Your perfect timing.
I pray that the desires of this heart will not conflict with the desires of Yours. May he seek You for direction and hear when You speak to his soul.
The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory...give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of glory of His inheritance in the saints. Ephesians 1:17-18."

Pray for yourself today the same prayer...we need this as wives, too! Have a blessed day!

No comments: